Autumn is upon us! Children are choosing their Halloween costumes, temperatures are dropping, and it’s time to think about preparing your business or commercial building for the coming cold weather.
The most important item on your winter prep to-do list for your commercial property is to ready your HVAC system for switching over to heating readiness. How should you do that? Here’s our recommendation.
Commercial HVAC Maintenance
There are so many benefits to having professional maintenance done on your commercial HVAC system. Here are some of the highlights.
- Safety: If you have a gas-burning heating system, maintenance ensures that your system is not leaking gas or emitting carbon monoxide. Even electric furnaces have safety risks, such as electrical fires, if they are not maintained properly.
- Efficiency: Due to a buildup of dust and grit and the wearing away of last season’s lubrication, HVAC systems develop increased friction, making the system work harder, so they decrease in efficiency over time when they are not professionally maintained. This can mean a drop in efficiency—and a corresponding increase in energy bills—of several percent each year.
- Effectiveness: Due to that dust and grit, minor problems adding up, or ductwork being damaged or blocked, the ability of your system to keep your building cozy is compromised without maintenance.
- Repair Needs: Once maintenance has been performed, your risk of needing repairs in the coming season drops dramatically. This is due to the removal of dust and grit and addition of lubrication preventing friction, wear and tear, and overheating, as well as the fact that the maintenance technician will catch tiny concerns before big problems develop.
- Warranty: If your system is under warranty, the manufacturer may cover some costs during the warranty period, such as parts that need replacing. To keep it under warranty, professional maintenance is usually required.
Autumn is the Best Time for Maintenance
Waiting until the cold weather hits can lead to frustrating situations when you need HVAC maintenance. Technicians are busier, with lots of heating repairs required. And if maintenance reveals serious problems that require repair or replacement components, you could be waiting in the cold, wishing you’d just scheduled your maintenance earlier in the fall.
With the help of your commercial HVAC technician, you’ll be able to assess how well your system is doing overall. If it’s aging, requiring frequent repairs, dropping more in efficiency than maintenance can balance out, or needs a costly repair that just might not be worth it, the time has come to consider a replacement.
Autumn is the perfect time of year for this. You can take your time selecting the ideal system without worrying that your tenants or employees will freeze. Autumn also tends to be a slower season for HVAC technicians, so scheduling your installation should be easier.
Our team is ready to provide any service you need for your commercial HVAC in Ashburn, VA.
AllTech Services, Inc. is your trusted resource for commercial HVAC maintenance, repair, and replacement. Contact us today!