Indoor Air Quality
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Water Treatment Systems
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Garbage Disposal Units
- Gas Lines
- Kitchen Plumbing
- New Construction Plumbing
- Slab Leak Detection and Repair
- Sump Pumps
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Lines
- Well Pumps
Drain and Sewer
- AllTech Gives Back
- Awards and Honors
- Sell Your Home Services Business!
- Our Service Guarantee
- Specials & Rebates
- Maintenance Program
- Service Areas
- Site Map
- Accessibility Statement
Humidifier Systems and Service in Ashburn, VA
Humidity is often considered a negative thing when it comes to air quality. Hot days are made worse by high humidity, and if the air in your home is too humid it can promote mold growth. However, there is always a balance to be had with these kinds of things. Air that is too dry can be just as bad for your health and home as air that is too moist. If you need to add a bit of moisture to the air in your home, you should consider having a humidifier installed. AllTech Services, Inc. installs and services humidifiers of all kinds throughout Ashburn, VA. If you need humidifier services of any kind, call today to schedule an appointment with one of our experts.
Why You Need a Humidifier
Your body relies on a certain level of moisture in the air around it in order to operate properly. If the air in your home is chronically dry, it can have a number of negative effects on your body. Your skin, and the membranes in your nose, will dry out and crack. As these areas are your body’s first line of defense against infection by germs, you will find that you get sick more often in chronically dry air.
Low humidity also saps moisture from wood, which includes your furniture and the support structure that makes up your home. Your home, and various objects inside it, are going to be more brittle and susceptible to damage the lower the humidity levels in the air.
Types of Humidifiers
There are a few different kinds of humidifiers available on the market. Let’s take a look at a couple of the different types:
- Vaporizers: Vaporizer humidifiers add moisture to your home’s air by evaporating water into steam. If you’ve ever used a vaporizer to help you breathe when congested, then you know how this kind of system basically works. It boils water, causing it to evaporate and expand out into the air.
- Evaporative Humidifiers: An evaporative humidifier makes use of a wick, which is soaked in water. A fan blows on the wick while the humidifier is in operation, causing the water in the wick to evaporate and raising the humidity levels in the air.
- Mister: If you’ve ever been to an amusement park or sporting event on a hot day, you’re probably familiar with these kinds of humidifiers. Misters simply release water into the air in a fine spray, then blow the spray through the ducts to raise humidity levels in the home.
We Install and Service Humidifiers in Ashburn, VA
Which humidifier will serve you best will depend on a variety of factors. If you’re in the market for a new humidifier system, give us a call and we’ll help you out. One of our experts can walk you through the entire process, from selection to installation, so that you can rest assured that you’re getting the best humidifier for your low humidity problem. We also offer a full range of repair and maintenance services. If you want your whole house humidifier to serve you as best it can, you should be sure and schedule maintenance services for it at least once a year. AllTech Services, Inc. serves all of Ashburn, VA.