Whole House Dehumidifiers in Ashburn, VA
Humidity is a major enemy of home comfort in Ashburn, VA and the surrounding areas. But you don’t have to just “deal with it” in your home, not when you can call AllTech Services, Inc. for great whole-house dehumidifier services. We have more than 20 years of history serving Northern Virginia.
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for a year following our work
- We have highly trained NATE-certified technicians
- We’re a fully licensed HVAC contractor
You’ll be thankful to have our professionals working on your dehumidifier services: we can ensure you have properly balanced humidity that allows for better comfort, lower cooling bills, and an end to mold and mildew growth. Leave all the hard work to us and we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results.
Call AllTech Services, Inc. today for the best in dehumidifier help!
The Effects of Chronic Humidity
Your body is mostly made of water, and depends on a certain level of moisture in the air in order to operate properly. If the moisture levels in the air are too high, it will have a number of negative effects. High humidity raises the evaporation point of liquids like sweat, which means it will take longer for your body to cool itself on humid days. That’s why humid days seem hotter. The real danger of high humidity levels, though, is mold.
Mold requires two things in order to thrive: moisture and darkness. If the air in your home is chronically humid, it will create ideal conditions for mold growth in the darker areas of your home. Many different kinds of mold types can grow in a home, none of which are helpful. Inhaling spores from a lot of these mold types can result in a variety of illnesses, as well as chronic breathing problems like asthma.
Types of Dehumidifiers
There are a number of different dehumidifier types available on the market today. Let’s take a look at two of them:
- Refrigerative: Refrigerative dehumidifiers work by drawing air over a refrigerated coil, much the same way that air conditioners siphon thermal energy. As the air is cooled past the dew point, it deposits its moisture on the coil. The condensation is then drained out of the system. The cold air is then warmed back up to room temperature before being released from the dehumidifier.
- Desiccant: Desiccant dehumidifiers use a desiccant of some kind, like silica, to passively absorb moisture from the air. Once the desiccant has been saturated by the moisture, it is warmed to suck the humidity from it for disposal. Desiccant dehumidifiers tend to be the more popular of the two types, as they’re quieter and use less energy. Still, you should consult with a professional about which system would serve you best.
We Install and Service Dehumidifiers in Ashburn, VA
If you need a dehumidifier installed, AllTech Services, Inc. can help you. We offer a full range of dehumidifier installation services throughout Ashburn, VA. We’ll evaluate your home to determine the best dehumidifier for your needs, then install it for you so that you don’t have to worry about it. We also offer full dehumidifier repair and maintenance services. Dehumidifiers don’t need repairs or maintenance that often, but it does happen from time to time. If you want your dehumidifier to continue operating properly, it’s a good idea to have it professionally checked at least once a year.
Do we serve your neighborhood?
Start Your Search:
- Dale City
- Great Falls
- Round Hill
- Sudley Springs
- Prince William County